Кафедра социально-экономических наук
Аннотации дисциплин (ПРЕДМЕТЫ, ЧИТАЕМЫЕ НА АНГЛИЙСКОМ ЯЗЫКЕ)
History of Ukraine
Helen Kutya, senior lecturer, Anna Iesina, lecturerStatus: obligatory or selected:
ObligatoryYear of studying and semester:
For foreign students of 1st course and 1st semester of School of MedicineNumber of academic hours:
Given course is accounted for 90 hours (lectures: 10, practices: 30, individual work: 50).System of assessment:
Tests and participation in discussions.Language of teaching:
The aim of the course is acquaintance of the foreign students of the 1st course of School of Medicine with the basic periods of history of Ukraine, i.e. is as inalienable component part of world, getting knowledge of history of Ukraine from the ancient times to nowadays, its society, economics, and politics, stages of state building, regional features; forming of practical skills and experiences of working with historical sources; studying of critically analyzing information.
PROGRAM: Contemporary Ukraine: geography, state, cities, historical and cultural regions. Kharkiv is the first capital of Ukraine. V.N. Karazin Kharkov National University. First people and civilizations on the territory of Ukraine: Trypilians, Cimmerians, Scythians, Sarmatians, ancient Greek city-states. Kievan Rus’ –the first state of East Slavs. Ukraine under the power of Lithuania and Poland. Ukrainian Cossack State and Hetman State. Ukraine as a part of Russian Empire and Austria-Hungary Empire. Ukraine at the first part of XX century. Ukraine during the Second World War. Ukraine in the second part of XX century. Ukrainian Independent State. Course consists of two modules. Forms and teaching methods of the course: lectures and seminars.Educational and instructional materials:
The teaching program of the course and textbook are provided:
- Gritsuk V. E., Dyagilev V. E., Kornilova V. A., Kornilov A. V. History of Ukraine: Textbook for foreign students. – Kharkiv: V. N. Karazin National University, 2004. – 50 p.
- Dyagilev V. E., Kutya O. A., Lykhachova T. M. History of Ukraine: Exercise book for English-speaking students. – Kharkov: Kollegium, 2013. – 44 p.
- Dyagilev V. E., Kutya O. A., Lykhachova T. M. History of Ukraine : Textbook for English-speaking Students. – Kh. : V. N. Karazin Kharkov National University, 2013. – 118 p.
- Contemporary Ukraine on the Cultural Map of Europe / Edited by Larissa M. L. Zaleska Onyshkevych, Maria G. Rewakowicz. – NY: M.E. Sharpe. – 471 p.
- Hrushevsky M. A history of Ukraine. – Hamden: Archon Books, 1970. – 629 p.
- Ukraine and International Organizations / під ред. Н. Микитенко, Н. Iвасiв, О. Милик, С. Веселiвська. – Львів : ЛНУ iмені I. Франка, 2009. – 324 с.