- Goudzenko O. F, Dudka N.I., Egorova O. J. Basics of Economics. - Kh: V.N.Karazin Kharkov National University, 2000. – 68 p.
- Dyagilev V. E, Grytsiuk V. E, Kovalenko I.B., Kutya E.A., Stolyarova N.P. History of Ukraine. - Kh: V.N.Karazin Kharkov National University, 2000. – 64 p.
- Goudzenko O. F, Kovalenko I.B., Bik M. V, Dyagilev V. E. Economic and Social Geography of the World. - Kh: V.N.Karazin Kharkov National University, 2005. – 122 p.
- Grytsiuk V. E, Dyagilev V. E. Kutya E.A., Stolyarova N.P. Country Studies of Ukraine: the Manual for foreign students. - Kh: V.N.Karazin Kharkov National University, 2007. - 99 p.
- Goudzenko O. F, Kovalenko I.B. Russian- Ukrainian- English- Chinese- Vietnamese the Dictionary of Economic and Social Geography of the World: For foreign students of preparatory faculties of economic and humanities. - Kh. V.N.Karazin Kharkov National University, 2010. – 84 p.
- Grytsiuk V. E, Dyagilev V. E, Kutya E. A, Stolyarova N.P. Country Studies of Ukraine: the Manual for foreign students. - Kh: V.N.Karazin Kharkov National University, 2007. - 100 p.
- Grytsiuk V. E, Goudzenko O. F, Dyagilev V. E. Basics of Law: the Manual for foreign students of preparatory faculties of higher educational institutions. - Kh: V.N.Karazin Kharkov National University, 2011. - 120 p.
- Grytsiuk V. E., Dyagilev V. E, Kornilova V. A, Kornilov A.V., Petrovsky V.V. History of Ukraine. Textbook for foreign students. - Kh: V.N.Karazin Kharkov National University, 2001. – 39 p.
- Gritsuk V.E., Dyagilev V.E., Kornilova V.A., Kornilov A.V. Histori of Ukraine. Text-book for foreign students. – 2-е изд. – Kharkiv, 2001. – 2004
- Grytsiuk V. E, Dyagilev V. E, Likhachova T. N. History of Ukraine (The Synopsis of lectures): the Manual for foreign students. - Kh: Kollegium, 2012. - 116 p.
- Dyagilev V. E., Kutya O. A., Lykhachova T. M. History of Ukraine : Exercise book for English-speaking students. – Kh. : Kollegium, 2013. – 44 p
- Dyagilev V. E., Kutya O. A., Lykhachova T. M. History of Ukraine : Textbook for English-speaking Students. – Kh. : V. N. Karazin Kharkov National University, 2013. – 118 p.
- Dyagilev V. E., Kutya O. A., Lykhachova T. M. History of Ukrainian Culture: Textbook for English-speaking students (School of Medicine). – Kharkov: Collegium, 2014. – 126 p
- Bases of Economics
- Bases of Economic and Social Geography of the World
- History of Ukraine (in the Russian and English languages)
- History of Ukrainian Culture (in the Russian and English languages)
- "HISTORY OF UKRAINE" (in English), 108 hours, 3 credits ECTS, the authors Dyagilev V. E., Lykhachova T. N., Kutya E. A.;
- "HISTORY OF UKRAINIAN CULTURE " (in English), 72 hours, 2 credits ECTS, the authors Dyagilev V. E., Lykhachova T. N., Kutya E. A.;
- "HISTORY OF UKRAINE" (in Russian), 108 hours, 3 credits ECTS, the authors Grytsiuk V. E., Dyagilev V. E., Kovalenko I. B.;
- "HISTORY OF UKRAINIAN CULTURE" (in Russian), 72 hours, 2 credits ECTS, the authors Grytsiuk V. E., Dyagilev V. E., Kovalenko I. B.;
- "Geography" (in Russian for students of a preparatory faculty), the authors Dyagilev V. E., Kovalenko I. B.
The Department of Social and Economic Disciplines
Studying of social and economic disciplines (History, Economy, Philosophy) always was a higher education distinctive feature in our country. A training of foreign students for mastering of the given circle of subjects at preparatory faculty was assigned 1961-1970 on section civics of the department of general educational disciplines (lecturers Kuprij I. D, Nazarenko D. V) which was allocated in The Department of Social Sciences in August, 1970.
Chuguenko V.M., candidate of historical sciences, headed the department in 1970-1976. During 70-80s the department was filled up by Protsenko S. V, Sheh V. D, Sagalayev V. I, Associate Professor Feodorov Е. В, Derevjanko A. M, candidate of economical sciences. Egorova O.J, candidate of historical sciences Semko O.M. Within these years the department was headed by V.M.Chuguenko (1970-1976), S.V.Protsenko (Acting Head of Department 1976-1978 and 1983-1986), E.V.Feodorov (1978-1983), O.M.Semko (1986-1990).
A regional geographic course "The Soviet Union" was the first basic subject read on the department. While studying this course foreign students got acquainted with the administrative-territorial division of our country, its political system, the most important periods of history of the state, acquired a minimum of the terms necessary for the subsequent successful studying of social sciences in high schools.
In the early 80s, in according to the beginning of preparation of students of economic profession, the circle of subjects, read by lecturers of the department was extended. Subjects as «Economic Geography», «Political Economy» were added. At this time it has been prepared and published the manual on Economic Geography (authors R.M. Nazipov, И.К. Sokolov, A.S. Baljan) together with the Yerevan University (Armenia).
In the late 80s - the beginning of 90s years the personnel structure of The Department of Social Sciences was updated, at this time on the department have started to work: Stolyarova N. P, Kovalenko I.B., Associate Professor Dudka N. I, Bik M. V, Gritsiuk V. E, Goudzenko O. F, Kutya E. A, Associate Professor Dyagilev V. E, Associate Professor Kornilova V. A. Heads of The Department - Associate Professor N.I.Dudka (1991 - 1999) and Associate Professor V.E.Dyagilev (since 1999 to the present). In 2010-2011 the department structure was filled up with young lecturers: PhD (History) of Likhachyova Т.N, PhD (Economy) Chelombitko T.V., Iesina А.А lecturer. From 1981 to 2001 the head of a methodical office and a senior lecturer was Benjaeva L.V. Since 2002 a duty of a senior laboratory assistant of the department Omri L.N. has successfully executed.
Traditionally the Department of Social Sciences spent a big educational work with students-foreigners. In 70-80s on the department a debatable student's club «The Planet Today» worked. Lecturers of the Department prepared a thematic lessons devoted to a significant dates of our country - to a Victory Day, Day of Astronautics, May 1st, anniversary of the October revolution annually; organized excursions to museums, historical places of Ukraine, the leading industrial enterprises of Kharkov. Days of the Department of Social Sciences were constantly spent in a hostel of students-foreigners of preparatory faculty.
Radical social, economic and political changes happened in the life of our country at the beginning of 90s. In August, 1991, Ukraine became an independent state. This led to a basic reorganization of subjects and the maintenance of socio-economic subjects in the country high schools. These changes also affected the Department of Social Sciences of preparatory faculty. As a result of the discussion, which have passed on the department, the decision on reading a new basic social science subject «The People and a Society» to students of preparatory faculty was accepted. In 1993 educational-methodical materials on the subject «The People and a Society» (collective of composers under the direction of I.D.Kuprij) was published. The next years this course was replaced by a new subject – «Country Studies of Ukraine», which aimed to acquaint students-foreigners with Ukraine, its state and the main periods of the Ukrainian history.
vIn 1998 the Department of Social Sciences was renamed into Department of Social and Economic Sciences. Thus, the department name was brought according to the circle of a scientific and educational-methodical problems solved by collective of department.
Lecturers of the Department of Social and Economic Sciences have created programs for training of foreign students for studying of humanitarian and economic disciplines in higher educational institutions at courses: «History of Ukraine» (2001) - authors V.E.Grytsiuk, V.E.Dyagilev, E.A.Kutya; «Basics of Economics» (1999) - authors O.F.Goudzenko, N.I.Dudka, O.J.Egorova; «Economic and Social Geography of the World» (1999) - authors L.V.Benjaeva, O.F.Goudzenko, N.I.Dudka; « History of Art » (2002) - author V.E.Grytsiuk; «Basics of Law» (2004) - authors V.E.Grytsiuk, O.F.Goudzenko. Programs on disciplines «History of Ukraine», «Basics of Economic» and «Economic and Social Geography of the World» in 2003-2005 have confirmed by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine as basic for preparation of foreign citizens in higher educational institutions of Ukraine.
According to the confirmed programs lecturers of department created and published manuals:
Since 1992 an important direction of the work of department has became a teaching of history of Ukraine to students-foreigners of the first courses of our university which from the beginning of a new century has extended by such as subjects: «History of the Modern World» (School of International Economic Relations and Tourism), «History of Slobodskaya Ukraine» (School of Sociology), «History of the Ukrainian Culture» (all schools of university). For this contingent of students these manuals were written and published:
The department always was a coordinating centre of teaching of social and economic disciplines among preparatory faculties. The manuals written by teachers of department of social and economic sciences are used on preparatory schools and faculties for foreign citizens of high schools of Kharkov and Ukraine.
The teaching collective of department constantly takes active part in a scientific life of the faculty, university, Ukraine. Only over the last ten years by lecturers of department more than 167 articles and theses were published.
The department constantly takes active part in an annual International scientifically-practical conference «Teaching of languages in higher educational institutions at the present stage. Intersubject communications».
The work on improvement of methodological support of educational process, using of a computer Technologies and interactive methods of training proceeds. The team of lecturers prepares multimedia computer presentations on disciplines:
which promote to increase of an efficiency of an educational process.
Lecturers of the Department V. E. Grytsiuk, V. E. Dyagilev, I. B. Kovalenko, E. A. Kutya, T. N. Lykhachova completed the course "Technology of distance learning in higher education" at the Centre for e-Learning of V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University (108 hours) in 2014. Currently, the following distance learning courses for foreign students of basic schools are created:
Such distance learning courses are preparing: